Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcome to "The Stable"

The stable is what my wife and I call our garage. The reason is because we love horses.  She loves "pony cars" (Mustangs)  I prefer "stallions" (Ferraris).  We both love motorcycles as well so, everything in our garage seems to be "horse" related.  Now, it is true that I don't own a Ferrari (yet) but that is a temporary problem that will one day be rectified. 

The reason for starting this post is simple:  It seems that I spend most of my life in my "Stable".  I wouldn't have it any other way!  I LOVE tinkering with ANYTHING if I feel it might go, stop and especially turn better when I am done.  During the course of my tinkerings I often wonder if there is an "easier" way to get some task accomplished or if there is a better tool to be using than the BFH (Big Freakin' Hammer) I tend to gravitate towards when frustrated!  So, if you DO wander back to this little corner of the web in the future, what you will find is most likely a run down of what ever project I am undertaking at the moment along with a review of how whatever part I installed or modification I have made is working out.

During these posts I will most likely have some question about how something goes back together.  It always seems that nothing ever fits the way it is supposed to and it is always the LAST piece you need to install that holds the whole project up!  That might cause me to wander off into a separate post about how to make things right which will THEN lead to some little nugget of information to make the job easier.  It is my hope that you can learn from my mistakes (I make a lot of them) and, if you know an easier way to do something than the way I am going about it, PLEASE let me know!  I will pass it along and hopefully it will be useful to lots of fellow Gear Heads! 

If you look around on line, you will no doubt notice that there are all sorts of sites out there that have "Tech" or "Help" sections.  Most of those tend to lean towards a specific "Make" or type of vehicle.  Initially, this will probably do the same out of necessity.  Hopefully however, it will branch off to a more general maintenance help site.  Lots of the "techniques" you use to fix a Mustang, for instance will work just as well on a Camaro, Challenger or Civic.  In my mind, garage projects are like ice cream.  Everyone has different tastes.  When it comes right down to it, one isn't any "better" than the other.  To steal a line from motorcycling: It isn't WHAT your wrenching on, it's THAT your wrenching that matters.  Hopefully, y'all will agree.

So pull up a stool, grab a cold one, turn up the radio and hang out.  I'm sure Ill break something any moment now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment